Tuesday, March 01, 2005

50 Things - Huzzah!

1. In high school, my dating exploits were so epic I was nicknamed "Tom Juan Demarco."
2. As evidence, I submit the time I dated 9 different girls in a period of 9 months.
3. I am the only person I know who thinks moving to Honduras sounds like a good idea.
4. When the Cubs win the World Series, I will be there.
5. I realize The Great Pumpkin-esque nature of the above statement.
6. I stole this idea from Al who stole it from Em who borrowed it from Becks.
7. I was a virgin until I was 18.
8. Though I have slept with 10 people since, I don't think this makes me promiscuous.
9. I have achieved what I set out to achieve. I am only 80% satisfied with the results.
10. I am looking for a new goal.
11. Going to Notre Dame messed me up in more ways than I care to admit, even to myself.
12. If it were not for the fact that my father keeps a pocket knife with him at all times, I would have lost my left hand at the age of 5 when I tripped on my shoelaces, fell forward and my jacket sleeve got caught in the teeth of an escalator.
13. I am fairly certain I want kids. I am also fairly certain I don't want to get married.
14. At this moment, I can't decide if I want a Diet Pepsi or a Giant Kit Kat bar.
...
15. At this moment, I am regretting the decision to get both.
16. I once made out with a girl on the Haunted House ride at Disneyworld.
17. It's not that hard. Really.
18. I firmly believe that you can do anything, no matter how unpleasant, for a limited time.
19. And, I still may not want to.
20. I wanted to be a movie producer until I realized I don't like "movie people."
21. I can't decide if I want to wait until I am 30 to have my midlife crisis.
22. I have 5 scars on my left hand and graphite lodged under the skin of my right hand.
23. I broke my nose playing tackle football.
24. The doctor who set my nose had the worse case of rosacea on his nose that I had ever seen. When he grabbed a glorified butter knife to shove the broken bits of bone back into place, I questioned privately whether his standards for performing the required procedure might not be high enough.
25. I have 28 first cousins.
26. Despite choosing a career in finance, I can't "do numbers" in my head.
27. I believe that directors who "Lucas" their movies after several decades should literally be dragged out into the street and shot because maybe then they would stop doing it.
28. I am impressed by people who read several books a week.
29. I am allergic to penicillin.
30. It bothers me that I look like my brother.
31. I am not afraid of dying, but I am afraid of getting terribly injured.
33. I am often awoken by nightmares in which the car I am driving is about to get hit head-on.
34. My current relationship is the best one I have ever been in - thanks, Hon!
35. Red is my favorite color, Gold Medal Ribbon is my favorite ice cream, The Foo Fighters are my favorite band, baked Alaska is my favorite desert and Mickey Dolenz is my favorite Monkee.
36. I named my first cat "Licker" because he liked to lick people.
37. Doing the right thing was more important than seeing my name on a ballot.
38. I have bribed Mexican police officers.
39. I have seen and used "Scotland's most disgusting toilet" from the movie Trainspotting.
40. At my mother's urging, I crossdressed for a presentation in the first grade.
41. I still buy comic books.
42. I have literally seen Star Wars over 100 times.
43. According to several tests I have taken, my IQ is over 140.
44. I don't know my home phone number.
45. I need more adventures.
46. The first CD I bought was Led Zeppelin's IV.
47. The first DVD I bought was A Bug's Life.
48. I don't have a favorite book.
49. I don't have a favorite movie, either - I have 5.
50. It was easier for me to name 100 movies than it was for me to make this list.

7 Comments:

At 10:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am the only person I know who thinks moving to Honduras sounds like a good idea."

You are not.

 
At 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Tommy said...

I am not now.

If you promise to visit, I'll get started on this. BTW, from Miami, Honduras is only a 2 hour plane trip.

 
At 6:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al, he wasn't last night when he posted this thing, either. But I wanted him to have his little fantasy. Way to burst Tom's bubble.

 
At 8:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

honduras? count me in, bitch!

and tom, i totally remember people calling you tom juan demarco. although it wasn't, i don't think, the deciding factor in my crushing on you. rather, it may have been your heart-rending performance in...what was that? the crucible? i think there was a flowy shirt involved...

 
At 6:51:00 PM, Blogger Tommy said...

Flowy shirt? That might have been Les Miz. In the Crucible, I was a judge, but to be honest, I don't remember what I wore. A black robe?

 
At 9:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Tom Juan DeMarco" ... "until I was 18." I am so disillusioned. To think ... [sob] ... I looked up to you ...

 
At 12:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Visit"?

I was going to come with you. We can build a giant ammonia freezer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home