Thursday, June 16, 2005

What the hell are you?!?

Go see "Batman Begins". No disrespect to Tim Burton, but it is what a Batman movie should be. To be sure, the movie has its share of flaws, but it is also very engaging, dark and realistic (in a comic book sort of way). I highly recommend it.

Day Three of OPL went smoothly. I have made a decision about the shopping cart software. I will be using StoreFront with a DreamWeaver frontend. If that means anything to anyone, you really need to get out more.

I also decided that I am going to start my venture small. The first products I plan to sell will be esoteric t-shirts. I have a line on this (anyone remember the Super Bowl shirts?), and it should be fairly easy and inexpensive to procure a few different designs.

There are a few benefits to starting slowly. First, I can work the bugs out of the system before going to market with a larger offering. Second, I won't have to spend huge sums of cash up front on inventory, and I can take my time in getting to know the fashion industry before jumping in. Finally, it might allow me the time to do a survey, or two, to better understand my target market. All good things, I'm sure.

I still haven't decided on a name for the company. Kyle is helping me with that, and we hope to have something by the end of this week.

Tomorrow, I need to contact an accountant and ask him all manner of unsavory questions related to skimming from Uncle Sam. It should be a blast. Really.

I'll see you tomorrow, faithful chum. Same bat time, same bat channel.

3 Comments:

At 10:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, "Operation Pigeon Lust" isn't the name of the company? I'm so disappointed.

 
At 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Tommy said...

Do you think that might look good on a t-shirt? I am thinking black print ("Operation Pigeon Lust") on an olive-colored t-shirt. Now, that's esoteric!

 
At 11:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say what you will, Michael Keaton is still a far better Batman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home