Tuesday, October 04, 2005

New Art Tuesday: Introducing Guy Burwell

I am on my third can of Sierra Mist Free(R) this evening and I can barely see through my Splenda(R) induced haze, which can only mean one thing. That's right: New Art Tuesday!

This sketch comes all the way from Portland, OR and a very talented graphic artist named Guy Burwell. (Warning for people with dial-up: his site takes a long time to load.)

Truth be told, Guy is actually partly to blame for this t-shirt folly. It was one of his shirts that made me think that there is a market for esoteric shirts. I picked up the following t-shirt at SXSW last year. It quickly became one of my favorites, and inspired me to make esoteric t-shirts:


I've tried for 3 months to work out a deal with Guy, and I think we've finally got a deal that we can both live with. It actually entails about 9 or 10 designs over a couple of months.

The first fruits of our labor, however, will be a series of shirts with hipsters / slackers sitting on couches looking out on "our" world. The eventual design will probably have about 2 or 3 colors. Here's a rough sketch of where he's going:

1 Comments:

At 9:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like 'em. Having the characters stare out at you is arresting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home