Friday, June 17, 2005

Sharpening the Saw

Ok, as time goes on I keep refining my idea. My first idea was to have a site that caters to metrosexuals. That became a site dedicated to urban males. The ideas has morphed once again, and this time I think I've got it.

In my last post, I talked about offering esoteric t-shirts as my first product with more high-end products to follow. Well, now I have decided to ditch the high-end products entirely.

One principle of business is to do one thing and to do it very well. I know I can make and sell t-shirts. Even after a few weeks of thinking about selling high-end products, I still don't know how I would even begin to purchase and sell those items. So, it seems to make sense to me to focus on the one thing I know I can make money at.

I know people who will do silk screening. I know people who sell high quality t-shirts. I know people who do graphic design work. AND, I know there is a market for this kind of shirt. I can sell them on the web. I can sell them locally in shops. I can try to go after large accounts like Hot Topic or Spencers. I can even sell them out of a duffel bag because I know people will always by inexpensive, high quality t-shirts with cool designs.

Now, this latest revelation has made me realize that I was kinda going off half-cocked; whereas, I know it is better to go off fully-cocked. So, I am going to take a few days and develop a full business plan before I spend any (more) money.

I am also going to hire a local IT consultant to advise me as to how I can cheaply sell my products over the web. In looking at the fee structure of the software I wanted to use, I realized that once I committed to using their software that they basically had me over a barrel, where they could then do all manner of unsavory things to me. And, really, my wallet is not that much of a slut.

So, the saga continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home