Saturday, January 28, 2006

Guerilla Marketing

Earlier this week I mentioned that I am interested in doing podcast advertising as a way to draw attention to SHJ. Admitidly, if it was the only way I was going to draw attention to the site, it would be a pretty poor plan. On the other hand, it does have some advantages. It's relatively cheap. It gives me some podcast experience. A higher percentange of people will hear my ad than would see a print ad. And, it's another avenue to draw people to the site.

Of course, that's not the reason for this post. I want to talk about free, or virtually free, ways to market the website. Ideas that are visual and convey the kick-assery of my shirts get extra points.

Here are a bunch of ideas that Eden suggested:
- Create a myspace and friendster account and solicit friends.
- email poster ads to friends across the country and have them post them in conspicous places
- find out how other t-shirt companies started marketing

I had the following ideas:
- Email tree
- Create a SHJ stencil w/URL to leave chalk prints on sidewalks and walls
- Create SHJ stickers w/URL and give away liberally
- Put togeth a press kit
- Buy breakfast for local morning DJs, hope they will reward with some free publicity.

Any other ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home