Wednesday, June 22, 2005

What the?!?

I have decided on a name for my little venture. Yesterday, I filed my articles of incorporation with the State of Florida for Springheel Jack, Inc. Tomorrow, I am sure the fine folks at the University of Chicago will come demanding my MBA back. Obviously, I can't handle the responsibility.

The name for the company comes from a contemporary of Jack the Ripper who was known for jumping over tall walls and belching blue and white flames. Serious. To say the least, he was a enigmatic character, which is in keeping with the esoteric vision I have for the shirts.

Once I my papers are approved by the State, I can file for a federal tax ID number, which will allow me to open a bank account and do things all proper like.

One issue that still troubles me slightly is where the design ideas for the shirts will come from. Kyle and I have talked briefly about having him do a few designs, so that's once source. I have a few ideas for designs, as well. I also have a lot of contacts for designers who do silk screening for concert posters, so there's another source. If anyone out there has an idea for a t-shirt that is burning a hole in their head, or knows a graphic designer who might be willing to contribute to this little experiment, please let me know.

One idea I had for shirts is find old drawings from the revolutionary period, or turn of the 20th century, scan them into the computer and put them on the shirts. Another idea I had was to scan contemporary photos, increase the contrast to the point where they are basically two-toned and put them on shirts.

Those ideas might work, right?

3 Comments:

At 12:14:00 PM, Blogger eden said...

i don't think this fits with your esoteric theme, but it has always been my dream to take all those wacky band names that we all come up with and make fake band tee-shirts using them. maybe with fake tour dates on the back, maybe not. :) picture it: "protestant work ethic," "nasal swab," and/or "israel & the palestinians"

and whatever happened to honduras? michelle and i want to run your dive shop. ;)

 
At 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Tommy said...

This raises an interesting quetion. I have had a few ideas that don't necessarily fit into the "esoteric" framework.

I think if the idea is still unique and orignial, we can definitely do it. I mean, what's the point of owning your own t-shirt company if you can't put what you want on a t-shirt. Do you think I would get into too much trouble for "Impeach Bush" and on the back "The Dems will get to that right after they're done teaching pigs to fly."

 
At 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Tommy said...

?

?

Those are for the 2 times I forgot to use proper punctuation? Damn it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home