Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Kevin's Fine! Yet, Everything is Not O.K.

Let me say first that I got word from Kevin today that he's a-ok, which is a huge relief.

However, I still have not heard from another one of my artists. His name is Jason Cooper (winged heart and "third eye with hand"). He lives in Meridaian, MS. Blame it on my poor geography knowledge, but it didn't dawn on me until yesterday that he was also in the path of the storm too. I have tried to contact him via email and phone, but I have gotten no response. It worked last time, so please send your prayers and good wishes to Jason.

As for Kevin, he had been staying with his brother, I believe, while he was working in New Orleans. No word yet on the extent of the damage, but you've seen the pictures - it's pretty extensive.

Kevin's headed back to NYC, where he lives. All of his stuff is there, including his computer. He brought what he was working on with him, including a CD with the Springheel Jack files, so I will actually now have Kevin's undivided attention for a while, seeing how the rest of his clients are dealing with the clean-up.

Just for the record, this is not the way I like to receive my good fortune. My heart goes out to all the people who have been affected by Katrina. In fact, I plan to make a rather substantial donation to the Red Cross. If you're wondering how you can help too, I encourage you to do the same. It's the best way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home