Friday, September 16, 2005

3, 2, 1...Blastoff!

launch (v.t.) 1. to hurl or send off, 2. to set a float, 3. to start.

According to my precise calculations, within the next 7 days, I should be ready to launch my website / company / financial quixotic adventure. This of course, begs the question: how should it be done?

No, I don't think christening my computer with a bottle of champagne is the way to go.

Seriously, you would think with all of the planning and stressing that I have done over this little enterprise that I would have thought about this in detail before now. But, the honest answer is that I've been more worried about having product to sell than selling product.

That's not to say that I haven't thought about marketing or advertising at all. I have. I believe I have a good plan as far as that goes. It's only on the specific question of how to launch that I haven't spent much time thinking.

I guess my plan was always to have a small launch, without much fanfare. But, as the date approaches, I feel as though this moment should be noted somehow. After all, a lot of work has gone it to getting here. It should be recognized, shouldn't it?

So, I pose the question to you: how should I launch the company? Assume a budget of $10.

2 Comments:

At 7:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

renew your Playboy subscription?

 
At 3:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pay a homeless guy $10 to wear one of your t-shirts...TB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home