Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Contest: Let The Ugliness Begin!

Well, I've launched the contest. In fact, if you go look at springheel jack, you'll see that I've added a dedicated contest page. The contest rules are here. And, I made my contest introduction into a "news" piece for the news section.

And for all you out there wondering, the t-shirt with Kurt Russell picture doesn't really exist. I Photoshopped it into existence. If you look closely, you can see the dvd symbol in the lower right corner of the image.

What am I doing to publicize the contest? Well, this morning I sent out emails to all of my customers announcing the contest. In fact, some of you have probably received it already. (I messed up on this, by the way. I sent it from "Tom Rose" and not "Springheel Jack". Not too smooth with the whole professionalism thing.)

I'm also going to try to contact the list of publishers we came up with. I'll probably wait until I have a few shirts to publicize, say a week or two.

I took out a classified on dailykos.com that will run for a week. I'm also going to take out a classified on Craigslist.org. If you have any other ideas on how to spread the word, please let me know.

Lastly, here is the part where I ask a big favor of all of you. For those of you who have blogs, would you please post about my contest? It doesn't have to be more than a few words. Just something as simple as "Hey, check this out." with a link to the contest page. (http://www.springheeljack.net/shop/custom.asp?recid=12) Your combined readership, even excluding overlap, dwarfs mine by comparison. I could really use the help getting the word out there. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home